Thursday, January 3, 2013

You Respect me, I Respect you


On several occasions people have miss understood me, and assumed that I was a racist. I am not a racist; I am just anti-social in a good way. I am not a very social person, but I was blessed with a great family, and friends. Most of them don't understand the way I want to live, so I don't mention it to them. Frankly it’s none of their business, but if they ask, I always give an honest answer. Most of the time, I just want to be left alone. A good example is a cat. If a cat doesn't want to play with you, you can't make it. I don't hate any specific group of people more or less than another. Sometimes I judge people, and I know I shouldn't. However, judge and be judged. People judge me every day, and I expect them too. It might be sinful, but flesh is sin, and people will be people. Life really is a simple thing, but people make it complex.
The majority of my posts I comment badly on "yuppies". I don't like young urban professionals because they look down on the poor working class. However, most people look at "yuppies" in a positive way, because they have flashy cars and nice suits. I feel that people who live for money are selfish and greedy. I look down on the majority of blacks because I feel they sit with their hand out wanting what the white man owes them. I don't owe them anything, and they don't owe me anything. Period. No one owes me anything, nor do I deserve anything. No one deserves what they have, and the only promise to us is that if we believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins that we will have eternal life. However, for those of you that don't believe in the works of Christianity, you can seek out other religions for the meaning of life. I don't support a political party, because I feel both parties have pros and cons and that my vote doesn't matter. My single vote isn't going to decide who wins or loses. Until it takes away my way of life, I really don't give a damn about who is in office. In a way, I hate and like everyone to the same degree. And I hope people who know me, both dislike me and like me. People are people, and we all have flaws, however some of us are afraid to speak up about them.
I am not a very smart or knowledgeable person, however I've spent enough time being anti-social to realize what kind of person I truly am and what really makes me happy. You must understand yourself before you can understand someone else. I quote Dr. Martin Luther King, “why can’t we all get along.” If someone respects my views, I will respect theirs. What is crazy to one person might be brilliant to another. One key to happiness is respecting others, and them respecting you.

Sincerely, The Homestead Hermit…….   

2 comments:

  1. Well said. Wankers feeling brave while anonymous, is the only bad thing about anon postings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not anti-social if you have friends? Why dont you talk about them your bound to have stories about actual friends.

    ReplyDelete