Friday, January 18, 2013

Damn Automobiles, Snow, and Politicians


Well, another week wasted working for the “man”, yet it doesn’t disappoint me. Today we got snow fall, and the roads are currently covered with black ice and it makes me question my two wheel drive truck. I got home about 4 hours ago, and after letting 10 PSI out of my rear tires, it managed to pull itself through the thick sludge. The county highway department can’t wake up a few hours early and salt the damn roads, in result it puts motorist in harm’s way, and I saw three accidents on the way home. We got around two inches of ice and snow, and this is one occasion where I wish my truck was a four wheel drive. Maybe I should just invest in a set of nylon snow straps that slip on the tires like snow chains, but I don’t think they would do much good. As far as my truck is concerned, the cold weather makes the starter “grunt” and “drag”, and it has been doing this for well over two month. I tested my battery and alternator in October; the battery is in good condition, and the alternator is pushing 14 amps, which is what it is rated at. The culprit must be the shitty O.E.M starter. When the time comes, and I invest in another vehicle, you better believe I will go the 4x4 route. On another note, I have yet to receive a “guest article” from a loyal reader, and this disappoints me. I guess I will continue to spit up words Monday through Friday, which reminds me to let you all know that I will not be posting tomorrow (1/19/13) or the next day (1/20/13) due to the fact I don’t do shit on the weekends. Other than annoying cold weather and truck problems, my week has been great. From what I saw on CNN yesterday, Obammy is really cracking down on our 2nd amendment rights and the NRA isn’t helping matters. Guns don’t kill people, people kill people. A typical liberal is out to ban our nation’s protection from foreign invaders, while letting gays and abortion loving sluts rule the roost. Gays and blacks are people too, and if liberal cunts believed that themselves they might get off the “civil rights” topic and on with the subject of national crisis. Who cares about gay marriage, we got peak oil around the corner! Let Steve and Stan get married, who gives a dirty dog fuck, us realistic people know a true marriage is between a man and a woman. Not our fault they like it up the ass, now Mr. African American president can handle the real problems. Meanwhile, we all know religious zealot Romney would have been just as bad.

HERMIT<>         

4 comments:

  1. A trick I used for cold weather starting problems every time I lived in a cold climate (Colorado, Wyoming, Texas high plains, etc) - run an extension cord up under your hood with a light bulb and fixture (I always used 100w) overnight and it'll make a world of difference.

    Cheap and effective, best combination of cures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 good snow tires.putem on in november take off in april. i started useing them years ago. 4wd doesnt help you stop but good tires do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try strategically placing a few sandbags at the rear of your truck over each wheel Hermit; this ought to help?

    As far as the cold weather starting goes, there's a company by the name of J.C, Whitney that sells all kinds of auto accessories. They have items like block heaters and the such, and at generally reasonable prices.

    wc

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might try that light bulb ideal... Thanks!

    Michigan Doug, not a bad ideal. my truck has 200k miles and i plan on investing in a 3/4 ton Ford or Chevrolet during the next 2-5 years, and i might just go the 2wd with snow tire route..

    I got a few cement blocks back there, but they are a few steep grades in my area so they don't help like i wish they did. I have heard of J.C. Whitney, I think my dad brought a small wood lathe from them. Or maybe it was Harbor Fright, i cant remember. I have heard of them tho, I think they sell motorcycle parts too.

    hermit..

    ReplyDelete