Monday, January 7, 2013

Travel Trailer Living: Expenses


Over the last few hours I have been trying really hard to gather up enough information to give a good guess at how much my travel trailer living is going to cost. My current expense here at my mom’s is around $280-350 a month, and the majority of that is fuel. My travel trailer expenses should look something like this:

1. Gas - $235
2. Propane - $35
3. Electric - $10
4. food/water - $90
5. Personal care, misc. - $20
6. Auto & motorcycle insurance - $140
7. Entertainment - $20
8. Cell/internet - $50


--------Total-----------$600 

 

The price of fuel, food/water, and propane will vary the greatest. During the summer months the cost of fuel will be less due to me riding my 35-45mpg motorcycle to work. I plan on saving $35 a month even during the warm months to pay for heating purposes. Whatever is left over on my propane budget, I will carry it over to next month or next year. After I get familiar with the land and my new way of life, I might venture into gardening and raising micro-livestock. If things get nasty, I can always cut my entertainment and cell phone budget. Don’t worry though, if something like that ever happened, I would still keep you guys posted via free Wi-Fi at restaurants.
Let me discuss my income for a moment. I bring home (Net) anywhere from $500-$650 each paycheck, and I get paid twice a month. Let’s say my average paycheck is around $575, this would make my monthly income $1,150 and my yearly net would be around $13,800. If my monthly expenses only add up to $600, I end up saving $550 each month. This comes out to $6,600 each year, or $33,000 in a five year time frame. Doesn’t sound too bad, does it?



Stay safe, live free, and be happy… Travel Trailer hermit… signing off…..   

2 comments:

  1. Such a nice blog, thanks for providing us great information. awesome work. Keep it up.

    Expense Reporting India

    ReplyDelete
  2. How would you get internet? Via mobile phone or computer stick?

    ReplyDelete