Thursday, December 27, 2012

My Answer to High gas Prices


Today was a good day. I got up around 5:00pm, and got ready for work. As you may know, I don’t live in my travel trailer yet. I am waiting on spring of the year, and trying to save as much money during the winter as possible by living at home with mommy. Let me get back on track, I work the “hoot owl” shift and I go in around 8:00pm. It takes me around 30 minutes to get ready, and another 30 minutes to commute. If I need to make any pit stops, I do it before work. Today just happened to be Cigarettes and Gas fill up day, and I am pretty set in my ways about which gas station I choose. In my local town where I work, most gas stations are owned by natives from India. I have nothing against that, but I would prefer doing business with a place that had English speaking humans. You might be able to relate my dumb mannerisms with sit-com character Sheldon Cooper from “The big bang theory”. So, they are roughly five gas stations on my way to work, and I have been going to the same BP station for over nine months. I prefer BP over all other gas stations, mainly because I get better MPG from it. I hate that millions of fish and sea creatures died because of their careless oil spill, but frankly I prefer them. Another plus associated with this specific gas station is they have English speaking cashiers, and they carry Winston cigarettes, which is also my favorite. I fill up my pickup once a week and I don’t let it run below ¼ tank. Today gas was almost $3.50 a gallon. I am a creature of habit, and the $50 I gave the clerk should have put it on the full mark. However, I had been paying $3.15+ for it during the last few fill ups, so this time my usual $50 didn't fill it up. I was angry for about 30 minutes, until an ideal hit me. What am I going to do when fuel prices rise above $7.00 + gallon? While the world is “whining” because their over sized Yukon 4x4 only gets 10MPG, I will invest in a cheap utility van. My little plan will snip the gas prices in the bud. I will become a part time “Van dweller”, and use nearby parking lots for sleeping inside my van. I also have friends that live close to work and they wouldn't mind me parking a van overnight, or me going inside for a quick shower. I might be germ crazy when it comes to using un-familiar showers, but it will save me from working my ass off for fuel. For $20 they would let me run an extension cord to power my DVD player/T.V. combo, or hot plate. I am helping them, by helping me. I will try to make time to write tomorrow, stay safe out there……….

No comments:

Post a Comment